The Foundation uses a regional approach to accomplish its mission, with efforts focused in the Upper Midwest states of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. The Foundation pursues its mission by sponsoring educational programs, serving as an educational resource, and supporting organizations involved in cooperative education and development. Funding priorities are established annually by the board of trustees.
2018 Grant Priorities
The Cooperative Foundation encourages grant applications that support the development of education materials serving the needs identified in the Cooperative Inventory Survey Summary.
- Research in cooperatives;
- Development and distribution of cooperative education materials and programs;
- The Cooperative Foundation gives preference to programs within targeted giving area.
- The foundation will not support the development of proprietary materials. Materials developed with funding from The Cooperative Foundation must be available to all at little or no cost.
- Attendance at cooperative education programs through support of the Ralph K. Morris Foundation; and
- Sponsorships of events related to cooperatives.
- National event sponsorship limited to $1000.
- Local cooperative events sponsorships limited to $1000, if event is within the Foundation’s targeted area of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota. The Cooperative Foundation will not provide sponsorships for local or regional events outside its target area.
- Foundation does not provide grants for capital expenditures